Xively is a Connected Product Management (CPM) platform.
CPM provides all the tools you need to build, launch and operate, and grow a business around an internet-connected product, right out of the box. The pieces work independently, but they work even better as a whole. Read below for more details about each of them.
Connect your device, connect your users, and map the relationships between them.
- A modeling tool - Design your device, user experience, and integrations in a virtual model before writing the first line of code or spending money on a PoC to validate your idea. The modeler configures Xively in the background as you ideate.
- Basic Infrastructure
- Messaging - Use the best-in-class message broker for secure, scalable and guaranteed message delivery between devices, users and applications out of the box.
- Storage - Store and query historical changes to a device state or commands sent over the wire from the time series database.
- Device directory - Define templates for your devices, then store and query against the master record of their state in an indexed and accessible directory.
- Embedded clients - use firmware libraries that work with any hardware you choose, or make it even easier and choose your hardware from a set of Xively-ready hardware partners.
- User directory - Don’t just connect devices - understand the users that interact with them. Create, store, and manage users and store their data in Xively’s user management system, or bring your own and map it via OAuth. The more of Xively native user management you use, the easier the rollout is (see Tools for launching), and the more insights we can give you later (see Tools for growing).
- Template mobile apps - White-labeled and ready to go end user apps for iOS, Android, and web.
- Permission & relationship modeling - Don’t build a system where you have to manually map user and device permissions - define the key patterns and groups in which users have permissions, and then let the system manage itself, tweaking it on the fly only when you really need to.
It’s easy to forget that you’re not just building this product - you have to keep the whole fleet running smoothly during and after launch. These are the tools you can’t live without.
- File & firmware deployments - Deploy large files and firmware updates to keep your fleet running smoothly.
- Provisioning workflows - Allow devices to wake up & securely claim their credentials & identity autonomously without manual provisioning.
- Association workflows - Allow your users to claim and share control of devices autonomously.
- Device logs - Monitor connectivity, error states, device life cycle events like provisioning and association, and diagnostic logs from your active fleet.
- Alerting & monitoring - Set automated alerts on criteria that you define, and get real-time updates on the health of your fleet by tapping into the broker connectivity logs.
It’s not enough to have a connected product for its own sake - it should impact your business positively. Support customers better, gain insights into your product’s usage, investigate demographics.
- Integrations - Tie in with CRM systems to better service your customers and create sales and support tickets around your product activity, and pipe data to third party systems you already use for more use-case specific analysis or processing.
- Rules & orchestrations - Build business workflows that react to product and user activity, and respond with actions in the business systems you’ve connected via Integrations.
- Insights - Gain insight into product rollouts, geographic distribution, feature usage patterns and more that you define, by using our default and custom dashboards on top of Xively data.
I'm ready to start. What services are under the hood?
|What's under the hood?|